Policy Specialist - EPA Coordinator
In this position, you will develop policy recommendations in collaboration with internal and external partners related to EPA and NEP issues. In addition, you’d be responsible for developing and negotiating work plans for the Partnership’s federal assistance agreements in support of the agency’s operating budget.
Some of what you’ll enjoy doing:
- Represent the Partnership in policy discussions and agreement negotiations regarding NEP administration with the U.S. EPA Region 10 and headquarters staff.
- Compile materials and data required for Partnership reporting to EPA. Primary reporting includes the semi-annual Financial Ecosystem Accounting Tracking System (FEATS) report and the annual National Estuary Program On-line Reporting Tool (NEPORT).
- Coordinate with other Puget Sound organizations that receive NEP funds to ensure consistency in processes and identifying policy conflicts.
- Participate on the Oversight Committee for NEP funds. Membership includes EPA, the Partnership, tribal representatives, and the Strategic Initiative Leads.
- Respond to the needs of the Association of National Estuary Programs (ANEP) in developing national legislation and policy.
- In partnership with fiscal staff, ensure the completion of financial components of EPA reporting, and facilitation of submitting contract deliverables.
- Support project managers in sub-contract monitoring and assist in resolving sub-contract performance issues.